Book: Shead, Andrew G. A Mouth Full of Fire: The Word of God in the Words of Jeremiah (New Studies in Biblical Theology; Downers Grove: Apollos, 2012).
- Solid grasp of the range of issues affecting Jeremiah
- Excellent introduction to literary formation and structure of Jeremiah
- Strong sense of biblical theology, and overall theologically very robust
- Thoughtful and ambitious theology of the Word of God – a tour de force
- Loves Jeremiah!
- Wonderful value for money, at not much over $10. You’ll never get more bang for your buck.
- Not as light as Reader’s Digest, that’s for sure, but clear and accessible for academic writing.
- Ultimately draws the theological bow a bit too long, I felt, but well worth wrestling with.
- If you’re half interested in Jeremiah, and can handle a solid read, and have $15 to your name, you have to buy it!